1989 Suzuki RM250 for sale by owner. Very low hour bike restored to near mint condition…ready for display, show, or vintage racing; collector quality bike. I have owned this bike for ~ 10 years and have spent a significant amount of time restoring it. Starts easily; runs and shifts as it should.
– 90% factory original including the seat & cover, handlebars, fuel tank, rims, forks, engine cases, etc. None of these items have been replaced in 29 years.
– I estimate this bike had about 10-15 hours on it when I bought it in 2008 based on appearance; compression was good but hadn’t been ridden in years, so I refreshed a number of items since I didn’t know the full history of the bike. Bike only has ~30 min of run/tuning time since I restored it
– Cylinder re-plated; new top end including OEM piston, pin, bearing, clips etc.
– Crank bearings and seals replaced with OEM; new Vesrah (Japan) crank, lower bearing, pin, etc.
– NOS Suzuki complete rear shock
– New (genuine Suzuki) forks seals and Bel-Ray fork oil
– New Bridgestone Tires and IRC heavy duty tubes front and rear
– Frame stripped and repainted 89-90 RM250 blue
– New Sunstar sprockets and quality chain installed
– Factory exhaust cleaned, sanded and painted OEM color; ignition and clutch cover lightly sanded and painted (no hidden damage)
– NOS OEM genuine Suzuki radiator shroud decals on new Suzuki shrouds
– All plastic either NOS Suzuki (shrouds, # plates, fork sliders) or color matched UFO (fenders)
– Original decals on the bike are in great shape to include the factory KYB fork and shock decals and the Excel front rim decal
– Maintenance completed: Honda “CR” transmission oil, new fork oil, brake fluid flushed, fresh coolant, Twin Air air-filter with Maxima filter oil, Honda synthetic pre-mix, and NGK spark plug
– Carburetor rebuilt to 1989 Dirt Bike magazine specs (45 pilot & 360 main); carb was set slightly rich from the factory
– Factory Suzuki maintenance / owners manual, used parts, parts boxes / bags, and triangle stand included
– I do not have the certificate of original; will provide a signed bill of sale
– Front rotor replaced due to original cupping slightly…original provided if desired
– Factory handlebars are straight, but have a ding in the crossbar; pad will cover.